12 October 2009

How the Other Half Live

I have officially been on leave for 2 weeks now and here is what I can tell you about what happens when the rest of us are at work.
  • The whole ladies who lunch thing is not a farce, although in these troubled economic times it seems to be more ladies who latte
  • A lot of kids who should be in school aren't, do you know where your teenager is?
  • Shop keeps are much nicer during the day, especially at the begining of the week
  • Life moves at a slower pace during the day, except of course between 12-2 when "working people" are speeding things up by trying to have lunch
  • Many more nannies, stay at home dads and stay at home mums are having affairs with the butcher/milk man/post man then you would think (and no I am not kidding)
  • Starbucks/Cafe Nero/Your local cafe are always always busy...no matter what time of day

2 comments:

  1. Very keen observations.
    But re: Point #5 - do share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well let's just say we live in a very close knit neighbourhood. I know that seems impossoible for London, but it's true. So I know who is married to who etc. We actually have a milk man as well as a butcher who delivers. Sometimes their deliveries seem to take a bit too long, if you know what I mean. Also, they are hot (the delivery men), so then there's that.

    ReplyDelete