4 August 2009

Stuck in the middle with you

It's Tuesday, but it feels like Wednesday. The idea that the week isn't even half way done is dreadful. I live for weekends these days. Weekends mean sleep and sleep is like heroine to me right now, I would do anything to grab even the quickest of naps. The other day, with no shame I shut my eyes on the tube, lay my head on CB's shoulder and snoozed for about 10 minutes. I used to only be able to accomplish that when there were copious amounts of alcohol involved. I usually missed my stop and ended up somewhere unintended and unsavoury as well, but those are stories from yesteryear. Now sleep is like a compulsion. In my office the bean counters sit all around us flacks (didn't someone tell HR that PR and Finance are like Russia and Georgia?) which is funny at the best of times and shocking at the worst. I announced today when I came in that if I start falling asleep at my desk, it would mean a lot if they could put some music on and throw a pashmina over me instead of telling people I had a drinking problem. They kindly agreed. In any case, I am going to be very English and blame it on the weather. But seriously? What is with this overcast cold drizzly August. I am so over it. It feels like we are in between season...winter and winterer.

2 comments:

  1. Yay - you're back blogging!!! Welcome! You + Cherry Ride + Recken Roll all being back means at last I have something interesting to do again while sitting on hold or during long boring conference calls. THANK YOU!!

    oh and hope the weather gets better in Blighty. Not to brag or anything but here in Seattle it's finally cooling down just a little... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MM: Great to hear the others are back online too, I will have to start stalking again ;). I have heard the weather is excellent in Seattle/PDX, very jealous.

    ReplyDelete