17 August 2009

Another Manic Monday

Apparently my whinge last week about being up at the crack to have pointless discussions with the Middle East fell on deaf ears, well la de da! So here we are arrived at another Monday. I am still not sure why time moves faster when we are older. Is it because we are busier? Because each day is a smaller portion of our life then it was when were 5? Who knows, but the fact is, I still can't believe it's the middle of August, so imagine my surprise every week when I wake up and it's Monday again.

The weekend held lots of funness, which is fortunate for us as we are trying to cram as much fun as possible into the coming weeks before our concept of fun= 10 pooey nappies instead of 15. We succumbed to social pressure (the kind that tells you if you don't do this and your kids are messed up IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT) to attend "expensive ante natal course" which took up all of Friday and all of Sat. Useful but also very time consuming. So Saturday night, armed with the knowledge that we would at least knowingly being screwing up our first born(s) if we chose to, we headed off to the U2 show at Wembley. Great show and I have to say CB and I went in with low expectations. They were really really good and as their new album hasn't been out long they made the wise choice to play lots of old stuff. My decision to attend was questioned by strangers no fewer then 4 times from the tube to the show, but I assured them that if I did give birth there and then, I would at least consider naming the children after them. 10 more weeks I have of explaining to people that they are not in danger of having to deliver a baby as I am nowhere near my due date. If anyone has good suggestions for how to politely (or sarcastically) tell people to mind their own business, I would happily take them. Sunday we had friends round for lunch which was lovely. The weather was great, but it would be really nice if the MET could get the forecast right just once this summer. It wasn't supposed to be nice Sunday, so we planned a cosy lunch in. Had we known we would have been on the river enjoying the sun (or eclipsing it in my case) with some Pimms. Ho Hum, I am never happy am I? I was happy, however, to see Jessica Ennis as the first Brit female to win Heptathlon Gold last night. God Save the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment