11 August 2009

Wake Up Call

It's 6:15, I have been up since 5:15 for a 6:00 meeting. The team I am meeting with in the Middle East is still faffing about on the other end of the line trying to get everyone in order. Also they are all complaining about how it's early (9:15/10:15 where they are) I have to say this is not the best way to start a Tuesday. Typical but far from ideal.

In other news, I had a visitor over the weekend from Amsterdam. Pretty funny when someone comes to London to "chill out." I can't think of many other cities that someone would feel London was chilled in comparison to. But hey ho, the Dutch are crazy, in the best way possible. She's a friend I met travelling in Indonesia last year. It was interesting to see each other in clothes (I spent the majority of my time in Indo in a bathing suit and kaftan) and more normal life. We had a great time, but I also realised I am not the hostess with the mostest right now. I can go out to the pub, but who wants to sit with someone who is tee totalling all night while you get more and more lit? I dragged CB along and that helped, but still. So Sat we tried shopping. Again, shopping with someone who really isn't buying anything given they are like a balloon that doesn't stop filling with air on a daily basis, not so fun. Shoes, you may say, are still an option. Alas, I have been warned that my feet will not be the same size once this is all said and done. So that leaves eating. THAT I can do, but one out of three isn't such good odds is it? Thus moving forward, visitors are going to be kept to those who come to help. Sounds harsh, but it's really in everyone's best interest. I still have about 10 more weeks of this whole rapid expansion project and I am already struggling to reach the taps in the kitchen. Talk about a wake up call.

No comments:

Post a Comment