8 September 2009

Don't call it a comeback

Particularly if a blogger has the audacity to return only to fall of the face of the earth again. As usual, I could give you a litany of excuses, but I won't. Instead I will say that I am sorry and that I cannot promise it won't happen again. Very well then, onwards and upwards.

Speaking of comebacks, I have a theory. I think that soon(ish) people will tire of electronic forms of relationship building and social interaction and will return to a more primitive state of communicating. Not like carving on cave walls or anything but more 1:1 interaction, more coffee dates/pints at the pub/walks in the park. This coming from the IT PR Gal. No doubt I am dooming myself to a life of unemployment. Seriously though, how many random friend requests on Facebook from a bloke in Tajikistan can one girl take? And if they come up with any more emoticons for IM, I might vom. And Twitter, what does that even mean that I have 350 followers? Can I get a restraining order on some of them? Back in the days of my dalliances in Internet dating I realised rather quickly that I was meant to be born in like 1950 (although as CB says, I wouldn't have done very well as I don't listen to anyone who tries to tell me what to do).I just have such a hard time understanding how to connect with someone I have never met, am fairly suspect of from the outset and am secretly worried may maim and pillage me in my sleep just based on the first 2 bits of my post code and a pseudonym I have creatively made up.

Deep thoughts for a Tuesday huh? Don't say I never gave you anything,

No comments:

Post a Comment